Reports to: Creative Director
Are you driven by smart ideas and hooked on seeing great results? So are we! OpenRoad is one of Vancouver’s most important digital agencies, working with clients like Pokémon, CBC, Honeywell, and the BC Ministry of Justice to build deep, research-informed, and strategy-led creative and technical solutions that matter and deliver.
Our new Marketing Coordinator will become OpenRoad fan number one, building awareness for the great work we do while helping to articulate to the world how we’re the best fit for potential clients and employees. Supported by a talented team of designers, strategists, developers, and researchers, the Marketing Coordinator will work with our sales team and company leadership to spread the word: OpenRoad is awesome, we’re different, you want to work with us, and here’s why! Is that person you?
What you’ll be doing
As Marketing Coordinator at OpenRoad, you’ll work with the Creative Director and other team members across the company on the day-to-day execution of marketing strategies to improve our reach both locally and globally.
- Website management. You’re comfortable working in Content Management Systems and collaborating with designers and developers to take the lead on the care, growth, and pruning of our website.
- Blog posts and other content marketing. You’ll write compelling, relevant content in our voice for our blog and newsletter, as well as manage our editorial calendar and internal experts to develop and contribute their own unique insights. You’ll find the stories worth telling, and craft stories worthy of our audience’s time, and manage the creation of downloadable whitepapers and tools.
- Getting our work recognized. You’ll get OpenRoad’s innovative work recognized through wrangling and writing case studies, managing and making awards entries, and other tactics that involve clever verb alliteration.
- Social media management. Build our audience of engaged colleagues and fans both offline and online, through social media and community engagement.
- Event coordination and attendance. As OpenRoad fan number one, you’ll represent OpenRoad at events, tradeshows, conferences, as well as shine the spotlight on our talented practitioners, arranging and promoting their industry involvement. You’ll play an integral part in planning and promoting the annual VanUX Awards, our city’s premiere User Experience showcase.
- Campaign management. You’ll execute, manage, and report on campaigns, whether digital or print.
- Monitor KPIs and other metrics. You’ll keep your finger on the pulse of Google Analytics, reporting on our website metrics and performance while coordinating efforts around our SEO strategy.
Are you the right fit?
Mandatory Experience and Qualifications
- First off, you have at least 2+ years of digital marketing experience in an agency or in-house marketing department.
- You have a degree or a diploma in a marketing- or communications-related field.
- You regularly crunch the numbers in Google Analytics and understand the how’s and why’s of the Analytics interface.
- You’ve managed search engine marketing and social campaigns driven both by paid and earned media.
- You’re quick at picking up new digital tools and technologies and aren’t afraid to try things out.
- You have solid writing and communication skills.
- You don’t mind talking to people by phone, email, or in person to find out about their business needs or hear their thoughts on what matters to them in hiring a service agency like OpenRoad.
Most Excellent-But-Not-Mandatory Bonus Experience and Qualifications
- You’ve planned and coordinated several marketing and client events.
- You may or may not have been the substantial content author for any number of website projects and launches.
- You’re a wizard with marketing automation and CRM applications like MailChimp, Marketo, Hubspot, SalesForce, Pipedrive, Constant Contact, and others.
- You’ve written lots of high-performing content marketing posts over your career.
- You have experience interviewing stakeholders, customers, and other market players to get actionable, qualitative data.
Who You Are
- Why put off to next week what you can do right now? You’re insanely organized and driven—really driven—to get things done.
- You love collaborating with other smart people to find great solutions. Not in your job description? Who cares! You’re a team player that focuses on whatever will get the job done, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value.
- You’re passionate about doing great work, with an unwavering attention to detail.
- You’re upbeat and positive and able to adapt to changing conditions, all while staying kind and generous to the people around you.
- You’re able to look at things from others’ perspective—making you both a great marketer and an empathetic coworker.
- You believe in respecting work/life balance and know how to manage your work time (and the dependencies of those around you) effectively.
- You’re always learning, always growing, always keen to find and share and try the next thing in all things marketing and communications.
What we offer
We put our “work/life balance” talk where our money is: Our wages are not only competitive, but we actually have overtime pay (yes, you read that right—overtime pay) and great benefits. And let’s not forget our fun staff events: go-karting, zip-lining, massages, self-defence courses, and more. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express. And, if you’re hired, be ready to stick around—our people stay for the long haul, having found a place where they’re heard, respected, and valued. We like dogs. And cats, but some folks are allergic, so…
How to apply
Please email 1) your cover letter, 2) you resume, and 3) your three best marketing-related writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
More about OpenRoad