Position Type: Fulltime
Reports to: Controller
And the award for “Most Upbeat and Capable Office Administrator” goes to…
Well, let’s see. Are you willing to be that friendly first face greeting clients, partners, and contractors who visit the OpenRoad office? Do you care about living out our values with everyone we interact with, whether in-person, digitally, or over the phone? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done with a smile? Do you love—just love—doing all the little things that make your coworkers super-happy and excited and proud to work at OpenRoad?
OpenRoad administrative staff are the heart of our company.
Our admin folks keep the office running smoothly while making sure that our employees feel safe, comfortable, supported, and valued. This enables everyone to create their best possible work as they make award-winning experiences possible for global clients like Pokémon, Honeywell, MEC, Oxfam America, and The Guardian.
What you’ll be doing
- Playing the perfect host: Answering the door and intercom professionally and with a smile, working the phones, helping visiting clients feel welcome and refreshed. Basically making sure that visiting OpenRoad becomes the biggest highlight of someone’s day.
- Managing the supplies: Order, organize, and maintain office supplies. Our tea should be well-stocked, our coffee bottomless, and packs of post-it notes should be found in every corner and drawer. Just not on the floor.
- Maintaining our professional appearance: You’re not following people around and cleaning up after them, but rather you’re leading the charge to ensure that common areas and meeting rooms look tidy and professional.
- Managing the facilities: You are the master of office security and access, liaising with building maintenance and the landlord, managing site maintenance issues, and helping to make sure people aren’t too hot or too cold. Fire-lighting skills not required.
- Filing the files and accounting the accounts: This ranges from bookkeeping—coding of AR and AP, managing petty cash, doing bank deposits, managing company credit cards—to maintaining company fixed asset logs and software subscriptions.
- Supporting the People Operations Manager: Assist with approved renovation projects, maintaining building and office security and key fob access, planning, organizing and running of special events, as well as at least considering the People Operations Manager’s views on coconut sugar and French press timing.
- Staff events and client meeting coordination: This includes things like running regular staff events, supporting client meetings, shopping for supplies and gifts, and arranging catering. Please note that the Creative Director has very specific standards around lemons and coconut. Don’t worry, you’ll get it eventually.
- And all the supporting of others who need the supporting: You’ll be helping with various things like preparing sales proposals, weekly resource reports, transcribing workshop output, and booking travel for our project work. This is a great opportunity to learn about how a digital agency works. Bonus points if you’re interested in that sort of thing.
Is this a right fit for you?
Personal Qualifications: You have excellent organizational and planning skills, and able to see how others are impacted by decisions made. We play as a team, and you’re keen to get in there and get the job done. You’re an excellent communicator, both on the keyboard and in the person. You’re always looking for ways to improve things, both for the benefit of your company and for your co-workers, all while staying sensitive of the needs of others. We do great work—and that means you have keen attention to detail, dotting your eyes and crossing your t’s, all with a smile.
Minimum Requirements: Past bookkeeping experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
Other stuff that’s good to know about OpenRoad
Our wages are not only competitive, but we actually have overtime pay (yes, you read that right—overtime pay) and great benefits. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express. And, if you’re hired, be ready to stick around—our people stay for the long haul, having found a place where they’re heard, respected, and valued.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
More about OpenRoad