Python / Django Developer – Contract
Is building great solutions with technology your not-so-secret superpower?
OpenRoad is a seeking a full stack Python / Django developer to help our professional services team. OpenRoad was founded by a software developer—and 20 years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide technology consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects (helping to make paying tolls… well, a little better) and major global brands (including anything from helping kids ‘catch ’em all’ to helping technicians configure complex machinery).
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
How you like to work
You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and agile. You’re eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego. You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process. You like to solve complex problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends. You believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5+ years of web development in Python using a framework such as Django (or equivalent).
- Proficient in a Posix environment like Linux and OS X.
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging).
- Understand the benefits of testing, TDD, and continuous integration.
- Understand database principles and the strengths and weaknesses of an ORM.
- Understand the full stack of web applications and how to optimize each layer of the stack.
- High level understanding of User Experience and User Interface design.
- Experience working with designers and user experience.
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with Django.
- Experience developing single page applications.
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible and Docker.
- Experience working in a professional services environment
What we offer
This is a full-time contract position for 6 months.
We’re proud of the high quality solutions that we deliver to our clients. More importantly, we’re proud of the people that make it happen. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada from our office in Vancouver, BC. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
More about OpenRoad