ThoughtFarmer Junior Professional Services Developer
Is building solutions with technology your not-so-secret superpower?
ThoughtFarmer is an award-winning Social Intranet and collaboration tool used by hundreds of organizations around the globe. While we know the out-of-the-box ThoughtFarmer experience is pretty great for most people, the tool really shines when adapted to solve our customers’ unique needs.
That’s called “customization” and that’s where you come in.
Bend without breaking
As a Professional Services Developer you’ll be designing and implementing custom extensions that enhance our customers’ ThoughtFarmer experience, seamlessly integrating the software into their organizations. You’ll be pushing and twisting our API to do things we’d never even conceived of when we built it.
In your hands, ThoughtFarmer will sing.
As well as building great solutions, you’ll help shape the ThoughtFarmer development community, interacting with other developers to leverage the ThoughtFarmer API as they solve their own business problems. You will become the go-to expert in ThoughtFarmer integration and customization.
How you like to work
You’re committed to doing great work, and thrive when everyone around you shares that commitment. You want to understand the customer’s pains, and love applying your skills and knowledge to solve their problems. You prefer an integrated team that’s small, flexible, and where everyone contributes happily and without reserve. You’re eager to be heard and offer value to the team but you also keep an open mind, considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies, and your inquisitive nature drives you to constantly looking for better, more efficient ways to do things.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with customers through requirements, development, deployment and support of customizations. (Some travel may be required.)
- Working closely with the Professional Services lead developer as well as the development, visual design, and user experience teams.
- Creating great user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Creating documentation that supports our API and integrated solutions.
- Working directly with clients through meetings, emails, phone calls, and Helpdesk tickets.
- Working in an agile software development team.
- Shaping and building the developer community.
Tools we use
- C# ASP.NET
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
Is this the right fit for you?
You should meet the following mandatory requirements:
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least one year experience working with server side web technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers to understand their needs and build custom coded solutions.
- You have an outgoing personality and a positive attitude—your glass is half-full, never half-empty!
What will give you an edge
- Familiar with software development concepts.
- Experience with React Framework (or other SPA frameworks).
- Experience with .Net Framework and/or .Net Core.
- Frontend design and implementation experience.
- Familiarity with software deployment using both Windows and Linux.
What we offer
As a Professional Services Developer, you’ll work with talented people and global brands and industry leaders. We offer competitive wages for staff, overtime pay (yes, you read that right—overtime pay), and great benefits. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
How to Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
More about OpenRoad